Dear Larson Community Families,
Welcome back to the 18/19 School Year. I am humbled, honored and incredibly excited to have been chosen to join the Larson Community as the new Larson Heights Elementary Principal. I am eager to build new and lasting relationships with students, staff, and parents. As the school year gets underway, I look forward to getting to know our community and discover how we can work together to make our student’s experiences at school positive and meaningful both academically and socially.
There are a couple of new faces in the front office (other than me). Pam Law, new head secretary, and Samantha Pina as our new attendance secretary. Please drop in and introduce yourselves, we are all excited to meet you.
To start the school year we have a few goings on that you may not be aware of yet:
- The district has adopted a new elementary math program curriculum called Ready Math. We will continue to teach the common core standards (what is learned) but it may be in a little bit different format.
- The Moses Lake School District has a new platform to communicate with our families called Sangha. It isn’t quite up and running yet, but stay tuned for information.
- The Boys and Girls Club will continue daily from 3:30-5:30, please make sure you get your child signed up. Forms are available in the office.
- Larson Heights will continue to have quarterly awards assemblies and monthly attendance incentives.
- Larson Community STEM nights are happening this year. Look for info during September about the date and location.
Thank you for trusting the Larson Staff with your child’s learning. We are committed to creating a caring community dedicated to the success and well-being of all.